[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins][UX] Component registry

Andriy Popovych apopovych at mirantis.com
Mon Nov 2 08:22:38 UTC 2015

Hi fuelers,

Currently we are working on feature component registry [1] which should
help us to prevent not logical compositions of different components in
wizard tab during cluster(environment) creation. Now we have a mechanizm
of 'restrictions' which is not flexible for components provided by
plugins. In our current approach we have two states for components -
compatible/incompatible which are described in compatibility matrix
based on OpenStack components (For example: cinder-vmware storage only
compatible with vCetner hypervisor and should work when only KVM uses).
In this case we allow user to choose only that components we defently
know works well with each other. Another approach tell us to have 3
states: compatible/incompatible/ and all other components about
compatibility with others we know nothing. In that case we should show
on wizard which components compatible, which not, and others which user
can enable on his own risk. So I need your opinions: should we allow for
user choose only that coponents which are tested and defently works or
prevent her/him from choosing which are defently not works and means
potentional risk of failing deployment when component about we know
nothing isn't work together.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/component-registry