[openstack-dev] [magnum]generate config files by magnum

王华 wanghua.humble at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:41:37 UTC 2015

Hi forks,

Magnum needs to prepare config files for k8s and docker and add these
services to systemd. Now we use "sed" to replace some parameters in config
files. The method has a disadvantage. Magnum code  depends on a specific
image. Users may want to create images by themselves. The config files in
their images may be different from ours. I think magnum shouldn't depends
on the config files in the image. These config files should be generated by
magnum. What magnum needs should be just the installation of k8s, docker,
etc. Maybe we can use cloud-init to install the softwares automatically, so
that we don't need to create images and what we needs is just a image with
cloud-init.

Regards,
Wang Hua