[openstack-dev] [Manila] Expected Manila behavior for creation of share from snapshot

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:23:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 28 May 2015 at 13:03, Deepak Shetty <dpkshetty at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Isn't this similar to what cinder transfer-* cmds are for ? Ability to
>> transfer cinder volume across tenants
>> So Manila should be implementing the transfer-* cmds, after which
>> admin/user can create a clone
>> then initiate a transfer to a diff tenant  ?
>>

> Cinder doesn't seem to have any concept analogous to a share network from
> what I can see; the cinder transfer commands are for moving a volume
> between tenants, which is a different thing, I think.

Yes, cinder doesn't have any eq of share network. But my comment was from
the functionality perpsective. In cinder transfer-* commands are used to
transfer ownership of volumes across tenants. IIUC the ability in Manila to
create a share from snapshot and have that share in a different share
network is eq to creating a share from a snapshot for a different tenant,
no ? Share networks are typically 1-1 with tenant network AFAIK, correct me
if i am wrong