[openstack-dev] [Puppet] Proposed Change in Nova Service Defaults

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Fri May 29 17:07:51 UTC 2015

Matt Fischer wrote:
> Was the intent here to allow bringing up new
> compute hosts without them being enabled? If so there's another flag
> that could be set to manage that state.

Mathieu posited the following intent in the review:

"It was used in some active/passive setup (as stated in the bug report)
where service state was managed by an external cluster/resource manager."

I think it reasonable that people would manage the state of their nodes
via the composition layer, but it is also reasonable that we might want
to put an additional option in place.

I'd love to hear more input on that.

> As for the patch itself, we need to change it for all the other services
> in nova too, not just API.

Agreed. I will see if Matt wants to do that work and if not will be
happy to do so over the weekend.