[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Fri May 29 15:53:10 UTC 2015

On 29 May 2015 at 16:25, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire at gentoo.org> wrote:
<SNIP>

> for release notes just do git log between commit hashes?

For Ubuntu, I wrote a tool to do just this and generate a Debian style
changelog (later cleaned up quite a lot by adamg!).  It parses the git
log looking for LP bug references and uses the bug title as the
changelog entry, and adds the bug number to the change if there is a
Ubuntu task on the bug tracker.  If there is no bug reference in the
commit, it simply uses the first line of the git commit message.

Seems to work well enough for Ubuntu..

Here is an example of how it presents it
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/n/nova/nova_2014.2.3-0ubuntu1/changelog

Let me know if you want a hand with it, as it should be pretty
portable to other distros quite easily.

Thanks

--
Kind Regards,