[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 29 15:26:02 UTC 2015

Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> What about release notes? How can we now communicate some changes that
> require operator consideration or action?

Arguably each and every "change requiring operator consideration or
action" mentioned in these release notes is a failure in the stable
branch process -- this branch is supposedly safe to draw updates from.
We should at the very least work to eliminate most of them.

I guess we'd replace those discrete release notes by continuous notes
(like a wiki page for each stable branch), that downstream users could
consult whenever they want to draw from the branch.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)