[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 29 15:22:12 UTC 2015

Neil Jerram wrote:

> On 29/05/15 14:41, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> TL;DR:
>> - We propose to stop tagging coordinated point releases (like 2015.1.1)
>> - We continue maintaining stable branches as a trusted source of stable
>> updates for all projects though
> [...]
>
> I initially misunderstood your email as saying there will no longer be
> releases at all... but I see now that you are only talking about
> YYYY.X.N with N >= 1, and that we will continue to have YYYY.X.0.  Right?

Yes.

> Will the main releases continue to be tagged as YYYY.X.0 ?

That is an orthogonal topic, which warrants its own thread, but we also
discussed that in Vancouver. The general idea there is that since we'll
more and more Swift-like things with their own version, the value of
common release versioning for the rest of them becomes questionable.
What we need is a convenient way of telling which version number is the
"kilo" release for each project that aligns with the 6-month cycle.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)