[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 28 20:41:03 UTC 2015

> I don't know delorean at all, but what should be kept in mind is that,
> for Debian and Ubuntu, we *must* use sbuild, which is what is used on
> the buildd networks.
>
> I also started working on openstack-pkg-tools to provide such sbuild
> based build env, so I'm not sure if we need to switch to Delorean. Could
> you point me to some documentation about it, so I can see by myself what
> Delorean is about?

Delorean basically will retrieve upstream sources and packaging
recipes (ie: spec + config files
for RPM), and will run a script to build packages in a docker container.

Here's the main script to rebuild a RPM package.
https://github.com/openstack-packages/delorean/blob/master/scripts/build_rpm.sh

The script basically uses rpmbuild to build packages, we could have a
build_deb.sh that uses
sbuild and add dockerfiles for the Debian/Ubuntu supported releases.

Regards,
H.