[openstack-dev] [Fuel] vxlan support

Samuel Bartel samuel.bartel.pro at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:33:43 UTC 2015

Hi Sean,

I understand and share you point of view. The best and cleaner solution
would  be to have the vxlan support out of the box. Unfortunatly it is not
the case for 6.0 and I doubt this feature can be available before HCF for
6.1 (planned in the next upcoming days).
 That's why in my initial message I asked if  help is needed to ship this
feature in 7.0

Having a vxlan plugin is a workaround, an ugly one, but the only workaround
which make the job in 6.0 and 6.1.
My actual vxlan plugin modify ml2 neutron plugin configuration in order to
switch segmentation type to vxlan and restart neutron services or neurton
crm ressources. The only issue, I have for  the moment is to recreate net04
network and corresponding subnet as you can't redefine an already defined
resource in puppet.

About the fact to choose GRE and having vxlan. it will be the same with
contrail, nuage cinder netapp, nfs nova nfs glance plugins for example.  In
the create env form you choose a configuration. But you can choose in
settings tab by activating a particular plugin to override initial network
or storage configuration. In every case, It will be done on purpose.

--
Regards,
Samuel Bartel,