[openstack-dev] [kolla] Add core approver Sam Yaple

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Thu May 28 18:50:48 UTC 2015

+1

From: "Steven Dake (stdake)" <stdake at cisco.com<mailto:stdake at cisco.com>>
Date: Monday, May 25, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Subject: [openstack-dev] [kolla] Add core approver Sam Yaple

Hi folks,

I propose Sam Yaple for core approver for the Kolla team.  Sam has a lot of great ideas and has done some really cool work lately.  Sam is active in IRC and is starting to pick up more reviews.  Of particular interest to me his his idea of merging the work he has done on YAODU into Kolla.  This would be fantastic for Kolla and allow us to deliver on our goals of providing high availability which depends on multi-node deployment in our container architecture.

Some really complex and nice improvements to the codebase:
https://review.openstack.org/#q,Ifc7bac0d827470f506c8b5c004a833da9ce13b90,n,z
https://review.openstack.org/#q,Ic0ff96bb8119ddfab15b99e9f1e21cfe8d321dab,n,z
https://review.openstack.org/#q,I95101136dad56e9331d8b92cd394495f7bd0576a,n,z

Sam's stats for Liberty and Kilo:
http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=all&user_id=s8m&module=kolla&release=all

Count my proposal as a +1.  Since our core team is only 5 people presently, I think it makes sense to only require one additional +1.  Typically projects require 3 +1 votes but have larger core teams, so we will use that in the future.  -1 = veto, so vote wisely.  Folks often abstain if they are not certain how their vote should go – so don’t feel compelled to vote.

I’ll keep the voting open until May 29th.  If the vote is unanimous or vetoed prior, I’ll close voting.

Regards
-steve