[openstack-dev] [heat] Heat Template Cookbook

D'ANDREA, JOE (JOE) jdandrea at research.att.com
Thu May 28 16:10:19 UTC 2015

[This was originally posted to openstack at lists.openstack.org by accident. Reposting it to openstack-dev.]

Calling all Heat neophytes, aficionados, and everyone in between ...

I've often thought it would be helpful to add a Heat Template Cookbook to the developer documentation.

Like any helping friendly cookbook, it would contain a variety of annotated recipes/templates. Ultimately, it would seek to cover use case scenarios for every possible ingredient/resource out there.

I've volunteered to curate and author this cookbook, alongside the HOT Guide.

To help get things started, I'm seeking template contributions that:

* Are simple and illustrate basic concepts.
* Are more intermediate and build on basic concepts.
* Are more advanced and demonstrate more complex orchestration.
* Solve a common problem or answer a frequently asked template question.

Repository links welcomed!

I also seek:

* Wish lists. "I wish there was a template that ..."
* Questions. "How do I ... ?" "Can I ... ?"

For those wondering about the heat-templates github repo[1], yes, I'll be plundering the vaults. ;)

Questions/contributions most welcomed. Simply reply to this message. (Once the doc repository is ready, we'll also gladly accept contributions through proposed patches to the docs.)

IMPORTANT: Please post *links* (to gists, repos, pastes, etc.) instead of attachments or embedded items.

Thank you!

jd

[1] https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/