[openstack-dev] [oslo] Updates from the Summit

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu May 28 11:08:53 UTC 2015

On 27/05/15 10:24 -0700, Joshua Harlow wrote:
>Thanks dims!

indeed, thanks.

[snip]

>Also for the pika one, I'd really like to understand why not kombu. I
>don't know enough of the background, but from that session it looks
>like we need to do some comparative analysis (and imho get feedback
>from asksol[1] and others) before we go to deep down that rabbit hole
>(no jump to another 'greener pasture' imho should be done without all
>of this, to avoid pissing off the two [kombu, pika] communities).

I couldn't attend this session but I'd also like to understand what's
the idea behind using pika instead of kombu. FWIW, older versions of
kombu used pika and it was moved away from it. One of the reasons was
that pika was not stable enough at that time. This could've changed.

If pika is just better than the amqp lib used by Kombu, wouldn't it be
better to just contribute back to kombu?

Cheers,
Flavio