[openstack-dev] [nova] "correct" API for getting image metadata for an instance ?

Feodor Tersin ftersin at cloudscaling.com
Thu May 28 08:55:59 UTC 2015

+1
But we should answer the following question before switching libvirt to
utils.get_image_from_system_metadata.

Some differences of utils.get_image_from_system_metadata from
compute.utils.get_image_metadata are:
1) Instance metadata has a restriction of property length: long data is
stripped to 255 chars.
This may cause a fault on loading serialized structure from a metadata
property.

2) utils.get_image_from_system_metadata skips properties defined by
CONF.non_inheritable_image_properties

So the question is: are these facts important for libvirt?