[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu May 28 08:40:03 UTC 2015

Derek,

Thanks for what you wrote.

On 05/27/2015 11:26 PM, Derek Higgins wrote:
>> 4. For deb packages you can create new repositories along side the
>> rdorpm-* repositories

My intention is to use deb-* as prefix, if Canonical team agrees.

>>   5. Add deb support to delorean, I know of at least one person who has
>> already explored this (steve cc'd), if delorean is too far off the path
>> of what we want to achieve and there is a better tool then I'm open to
>> change.

I don't know delorean at all, but what should be kept in mind is that,
for Debian and Ubuntu, we *must* use sbuild, which is what is used on
the buildd networks.

I also started working on openstack-pkg-tools to provide such sbuild
based build env, so I'm not sure if we need to switch to Delorean. Could
you point me to some documentation about it, so I can see by myself what
Delorean is about?

Cheers,

Thomas