[openstack-dev] [Manila] About how to hide the dummy destination record during migration

Sheng Bo Hou sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Wed May 27 04:28:40 UTC 2015

Hi everyone working for Manila,

This is Vincent Hou from IBM. I am working on all the migration issues in
Cinder.

I had one session for the Cinder migration issue in Vancouver and some of
you folks attended it. The etherpad link is
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/volume-migration-improvement
Per the issue that we had better not let the user see the target volume
during migration when issuing command "cinder list", we can add an
additional flag into the volume table, for example, "hidden", into it. The
default value is 0, meaning that it will display for "cinder list". For
the target volume during migration. We can set it to 1, so the user will
not be able to see it with the command "cinder list". I think it is a
straightforward approach we can go with. I just sync up with you folks, so
that we can have a consistent way to resolve this issue in both Cinder and
Manila. I just need to make sure we are on the same page. Is this solution
OK with you folks? Especially @Rodrigo Barbieri and @Erlon Cruz, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Best wishes,
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Staff Software Engineer, Open Standards and Open Source Team, Emerging
Technology Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab

Tel: 86-10-82450778 Fax: 86-10-82453660
Notes ID: Sheng Bo Hou/China/IBM at IBMCN    E-mail: sbhou at cn.ibm.com
Address:3F Ring, Building 28 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193
地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼环宇大厦3层 邮编:100193