[openstack-dev] [kolla] Add core approver Sam Yaple

Andre Martin Martin.Andre at KVHasia.com
Tue May 26 01:37:24 UTC 2015

On May 26, 2015, at 03:59, Steven Dake (stdake) <stdake at cisco.com<mailto:stdake at cisco.com>> wrote:

Hi folks,

I propose Sam Yaple for core approver for the Kolla team.  Sam has a lot of great ideas and has done some really cool work lately.  Sam is active in IRC and is starting to pick up more reviews.  Of particular interest to me his his idea of merging the work he has done on YAODU into Kolla.  This would be fantastic for Kolla and allow us to deliver on our goals of providing high availability which depends on multi-node deployment in our container architecture.

Some really complex and nice improvements to the codebase:
https://review.openstack.org/#q,Ifc7bac0d827470f506c8b5c004a833da9ce13b90,n,z
https://review.openstack.org/#q,Ic0ff96bb8119ddfab15b99e9f1e21cfe8d321dab,n,z
https://review.openstack.org/#q,I95101136dad56e9331d8b92cd394495f7bd0576a,n,z

Sam's stats for Liberty and Kilo:
http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=all&user_id=s8m&module=kolla&release=all

Count my proposal as a +1.  Since our core team is only 5 people presently, I think it makes sense to only require one additional +1.  Typically projects require 3 +1 votes but have larger core teams, so we will use that in the future.  -1 = veto, so vote wisely.  Folks often abstain if they are not certain how their vote should go – so don’t feel compelled to vote.

I’ll keep the voting open until May 29th.  If the vote is unanimous or vetoed prior, I’ll close voting.

Huge +1 for me. Sam is an excellent engineer with lots of interesting ideas, he would be a great addition to the core team.

Martin

Regards
-steve

"PLEASE NOTE:  This email,  and  any  attachments  hereto,  are
intended only  for use  by the specified addressee(s)  and  may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential and/or proprietary
information of KVH Co., Ltd.  and/or its affiliates  (including
personal information).  If you are not the intended recipient of
this email, please immediately notify the sender by email,  and
please permanently  delete the original,  any print out and any
copies of the foregoing. "