[openstack-dev] [puppet] Distribution (in)dependent acceptance tests

Spencer Krum nibz at spencerkrum.com
Sat May 23 21:59:51 UTC 2015

For the puppet software itself, using the puppetlabs apt and yum repos
is the standard installation procedure. The distribution provided
versions are always to old, and the development effort has always been
targeting the latest stable puppet release.

For modules, I have always disagreed with packaging puppet modules by
the operating system. Even library modules like inifile have too much
volatility to be good candidates for packaging in a LTS distro.

For openstack technology like puppet-keystone, the goal is to move to
zuul-cloner (currently being driven by infra) so that the puppet modules
can all share a gate test with each other.

--
  Spencer Krum
  nibz at spencerkrum.com