[openstack-dev] [pbr] 1.0.1 released

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu May 21 17:17:41 UTC 2015

On 22 May 2015 at 05:14, Brant Knudson <blk at acm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:22 AM, YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamamoto at valinux.co.jp>
> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> can you explain why you want to use pbr 1.0.1 in the first place?
>> what's wrong with requiring pbr<1.0 ?
>>

> Global requirements currently has "pbr>=0.11,<2.0"[1], and
> keystonemiddleware has the updated requirement which conflicts with
> oslo.config, so now the keystonemiddleware gate is broken[2].

You can fix this immediately:

2015-05-21 13:51:45.876 |   File
"keystonemiddleware/tests/unit/test_opts.py", line 80, in
test_entry_point
2015-05-21 13:51:45.876 |     list_fn = ep.load()

is the problem: test_opts is unnecessarily cross-checking dependencies are met.

See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184319/

(Yes we do need to release all the oslo things, but the test isn't
interested in dep management, its interested in whether the plugins
implement the right config options. There is a stevedore API that
would be even better to use - see the review linked above.)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist