[openstack-dev] [neutron] What is a best way to find calls to Neutron API in OVS

Daniel Depaoli daniel.depaoli at create-net.org
Thu May 21 09:57:48 UTC 2015

Hi. I think you should start from [1], in particular in the functions
index,show,create,delete,update. Have a look when in this file it uses the
python method 'getattr' to obtain the plugin and method to call.
To understand the way neutron works I used devstack and python debugger to
stop the code in these and others functions and to print the methods and
variables value. It should bu useful also for you!

[1]https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/api/v2/base.py

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Leo Y <minherz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for newbie question. I'm trying to identify all invocations of
> neutron API in OVS [1] and get lost. What is a best practice to find in
> code all neutron API calls regardless of the method they are done.
> I'll appreciate if anyone can reference me to documentation that describes
> ways to invoke neutron API calls.
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron/tree/master/neutron/plugins/openvswitch
>
> --