[openstack-dev] [all][oslo] disabling pypy unit test jobs for oslo

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed May 20 17:23:56 UTC 2015

On 11 May 2015 at 23:51, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> It appears that we've basically run out of interest / time in
> realistically keeping pypy working in our system.
>
> With the focus on really getting python 3.4 working, it seems like it
> would just be better to drop pypy entirely in the system. In the last
> couple of years we've not seen any services realistically get to the
> point of being used for any of the services. And as seen by this last
> failure, pypy is apparently not keeping up with upstream tooling changes.

So pypy is useful for clients - so that folk using pypy can talk to
OpenStack. I don't have a view on the servers today - certainly the
majority of our servers are not CPU bound.

I asked for volunteers on Twitter - people that about openstack and
pypy, and got two, one of whom helped us with the current glitch -
which was all fixed by using modern virtualenv, so it was easy :).

I've put a web page together summarising my understanding of the
situation: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PyPy

I think we should make the jobs voting again (checking that each one
is passing first, of course).

-Rob