[openstack-dev] [Manila] Question to driver maintainers

Csaba Henk chenk at redhat.com
Tue May 19 14:42:57 UTC 2015

Hi Igor,

Currenty:

- glusterfs driver can
- glusterfs-native won't support share extension (*)

in Liberty timeframe, we are to unify the glusterfs* drivers' backend
management logic, so both glusterfs driver style and glusterfs-native
driver style backend management will be available for both drivers
(actual choice made in configuration). So when this will be in place,
the answer modifies as follows:

- glusterfs and glusterfs-native will either support non-disruptive
  share extension, or won't support share resize at all (*) (depending
  on configuration)

(*) There are efforts to remove this limitation in GlusterFS, but too
vague at this point to make a statement on it.

Csaba