[openstack-dev] [lbaas] [octavia] [barbican] Relationship between Octavia and Barbican and Octavia 1.0 questions

Maish Saidel-Keesing maishsk at maishsk.com
Tue May 19 07:05:05 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Going over today's presentation "Load Balancing as a Service, Kilo and
Beyond"[1] (great presentation!!) - there are a few questions I have
regarding the future release:

For Octavia 1.0:

1. Can someone explain to me how the flow would work for spinning up a a
new Amphora with regards to interaction between Neutron, LBaaS and Barbican?
Same question as well regarding how the standby is created and its
relationship with Barbican.

2. Will the orchestration (Heat) also be implemented when Octavia 1.0 is
released or only further down the line?
If not what would you suggest be the way to orchestrate LBaaS until this
is ready?

3. Is there some kind of hook into Security groups also planned for the
Amphora to also protect the Load Balancer?

I think that based on the answers to these questions above - additional
questions will follow.

Thanks

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eAKur8lErU
--