[openstack-dev] [devstack][keystone] Don't use devstack master branch with stable/kilo

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Sun May 17 12:57:57 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Scott Drennan <scottd at nuagenetworks.net>
wrote:

> Perhaps an obvious statement, but devstack master was working with
> stable/kilo until recently, and as of today, it isn't any more (at least
> for me).

It isn't intended to work across releases and the fact that it did for a
while is just due to the timing of being close to the kilo release.

To run OpenStack Kilo with DevStack, use DevStack's stable/kilo branch.

> After much head-scratching, since I'm not that familiar with keystone, I
> figured out what was going on, corrected keystone.conf, and then went back
> to devstack:stable/kilo, which behaves normally.  I don't think there's an
> issue here, but wanted to share in case someone else hits the same problem.

Those of us who have been around a while just know to match branches, but I
suppose we should add a comment about that somewhere in the docs.  I would
have sworn we mentioned it somewhere and can't find it now...

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com