[openstack-dev] [openstackclient] About my blueprint every-time-record-log-in-file

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:03:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 7:04 AM, Fujita, Daisuke <
fuzita.daisuke at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> I would like to implement following my buleprint.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+spec/every-time-record-log-in-file

We don't always follow the blueprint process rigidly, but thanks for
starting out that way.

> So, Could you tell me when and how blueprint is approved?
> My understanding is that the blueprint is determined to approve or not
> in Vancouver. Please let me know about your opinion.

We can talk about this BP in Vancouver due to the timing, but that is not a
requirement.  The places to talk about things like this are in the BP
itself, but primarily in the weekly OSC meeting [0].

Regarding the BP content, I have concerns with always writing logs to the
user's disk, so anything added would need to be turned off by default.
Also, the only configuration we have at this time is the relatively new
clouds.yaml referenced by the --os-cloud option.  Nothing in there is
currently used to OSC like this, but that is where anything new would have
to go.

I do think you have some good ideas about what the log needs to include,
such as adding the source of the options (cli, environment, clouds.yaml).
OSC's debug output needs some cleaning, and I would like to have an
intermediate level that provides some specifics without all of the details,
such as the REST API endpoints called, etc.  I would like to hear if you
have some input on what that might look like.

We can talk about this next week, I understand you will not be in Vancouver
but someone who can speak to this will, correct?

dt

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/OpenStackClient

--

Dean Troyer