[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron API rate limiting

Tidwell, Ryan ryan.tidwell at hp.com
Thu May 14 23:21:19 UTC 2015

I was batting around some ideas regarding IPAM functionality, and it occurred to me that rate-limiting at an API level might come in handy and as an example might help provide one level of defense against DoS for an external IPAM provider that Neutron might make calls off to.  I'm simply using IPAM as an example here, there are a number of other (ie better) reasons for rate-limiting at the API level.  I may just be ignorant (please forgive me if I am :) ), but I'm not aware of any rate-limiting functionality at the API level in Neutron.  Does anyone know if such a feature exists that could point me at some documentation? If it doesn't exist, has the Neutron community broached this subject before? I have to imagine someone has brought this up before and I just was out of the loop.  Anyone have thoughts they care to share? Thanks!

-Ryan