[openstack-dev] [nova][heat] sqlalchemy-migrate tool to alembic

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Thu May 14 18:46:35 UTC 2015

On 5/14/15 11:58 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> At one point we were exploring having both sqlalchemy-migrate and
> alembic run, one after the other, so that we only need to create new
> migrations with alembic and do not need to change any of the existing
> migrations. Was that idea dropped?

to my knowledge the idea wasn't dropped.   If a project wants to
implement that using the oslo.db system, that is fine, however from my
POV I'd prefer to just port the SQLA-migrate files over and drop the
migrate dependency altogether.  Whether or not a project does the "run
both" step as an interim step doesn't affect that effort very much.