[openstack-dev] [Merlin] Cannot log into the dashboard

Timur Sufiev tsufiev at mirantis.com
Thu May 14 14:04:28 UTC 2015

Hello, Fablo!

Sorry, it was my fault :(. In one of the most recent commits I've added
persistent storage of Mistral workbooks via Django models - and to enable
them, you must add add a DATABASES setting to openstack_dashboard.settings
module as described at
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/ref/settings/#databases (use sqlite3
driver)

This change is a temporary one - just as we'll have a real Mistral API
backing up the Merlin, I'll remove these models, because they're contrary
to how things are done in the Horizon. Nevertheless I'll update the docs at
github ASAP.

If you need any further assistance, please contact me in #openstack-merlin
channel at Freenode IRC server.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Fabio Imperato <
fabio.imperato at dektech.com.au> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install Merlin and integrate it into Horizon as reported at
> https://github.com/stackforge/merlin, but I cannot log into the
> OpenStack's dashboard because the dashboard does not work anymore.
>
> It occurs after that I copied the pluggable config (
> _50_add_mistral_panel.py) for the Mistral panel to add it in Horizon. If
> I remove it then the dashboard returns operational.
>
> Is it a known issue?
>
> Is there another installation guide or something like that or some
> workarounds?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Timur Sufiev