[openstack-dev] docker Instance failed to spawn with larger images

Murali B mbirru at gmail.com
Thu May 14 08:10:18 UTC 2015

Hi

is there any size limit docker images to spawn successfully?.

I was able to successfully spawn the image with 2MB size.

When I try to spawn  instance with 40MB image using nova-docker it says
"Instance failed to spawn" later failed to attach vif's ....etc

But the same 40 MB image can launched successfully using the docker command
"docker run --name selfCP1 -t -i <name> /usr/local/bin/bash"

So I really doubt something wrong with nova-docker driver

I raised bug for the same
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova-docker/+bug/1454982.

Please share the info if anybody facing the same issue.

Thanks
-Murali