[openstack-dev] [nova][heat] sqlalchemy-migrate tool to alembic

Manickam, Kanagaraj kanagaraj.manickam at hp.com
Thu May 14 06:18:25 UTC 2015

Hi Nova team,

This mail is regarding an help required on the migration from
sqlalchemy migration tool  to alembic tool.

Heat is currently using sqlalchemy-migration tool and In liberty release,

we are investigating on how to bring the alembic into heat. We found that

nova has already tried the same (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15196/ )

almost 2 years back and in Kilo release, nova is still using sqlalchemy

migration tool. (https://github.com/openstack/nova/tree/master/nova/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo/versions)

So we are assuming that, in nova, you might have faced blockers to bring in alembic.

And we would like to seek your  recommendation/suggestions based

on your experience on this.  This will help us to take proper direction

on using alembic in heat. Could you kindly share it.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Kanagaraj M