[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Fuel-Library][Fuel-CI] Fuel CI Switch to Package-Based Tests Today

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Wed May 13 15:45:18 UTC 2015

Folks

This is a very important announcement. Please read.

We are going to switch our Fuel Library CI to the jobs that use packages.

This means that:

1) each gerrit request will be checked out
2) there will be a bunch of packages built from this request
3) this bunch of packages will be used to generate the highest priority
repo on CI master node
4) this repo will be used along with other repos used for deployment of
master and slave nodes
5) all the static files installation that can be done as a package will be
done with packages after request [0] is merged
6) there will be additional noop test [1] telling a developer that he is
installing static files using puppet instaed of putting them into packages

Console output of these jobs will look like this:

https://ci.fuel-infra.org/job/master.fuel-library.pkgs.centos.ha_nova_vlan/116/console
https://ci.fuel-infra.org/job/master.fuel-library.pkgs.ubuntu.ha_neutron_vlan/199/console

We will start switching at 4PM UTC and provide you with updates on the
status as it goes.
There will be also old jobs which will be put into non-voting status so
that we can monitor differences between the jobs runs.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172542
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/178354

--
Yours Faithfully,