[openstack-dev] [new][cloudpulse] Announcing a project to HealthCheck OpenStack deployments

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Wed May 13 14:38:52 UTC 2015

On 5/12/15, 1:28 PM, "Julien Danjou" <julien at danjou.info> wrote:

>On Tue, May 12 2015, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>
>> This is a great idea that would make a solid extension to the software.
>> If I read the wiki page correctly, the real goal is for operators and
>> tenants to be able to be notified via querying the ReST API so they
>>could
>> write their own email/pager-duty app.
>
>Then leveraging Ceilometer polling and alarming systems could make you
>avoid reinventing a large portion of the wheel.

Julien,

Reading the wiki page, I don¹t expect there would be a need for an agent.
But who knows, atm, all the software is is a wiki page ;)  If there were a
need for agents, the project would definitely use the ceilometer agents
and extend there if needed via the normal development process.

Regards
-steve