[openstack-dev] [new][cloudpulse] Announcing a project to HealthCheck OpenStack deployments

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Wed May 13 07:37:23 UTC 2015

Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> writes:

> On 05/12/2015 02:16 PM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
>> Nagios/watever As A Service would actually be very useful I think.
> Frankly, so do tenants. Tenants install software on their images using
> configuration management tools like mentioned above... I don't see a reason to
> have Nagios-as-a-Service for tenants either.

for the same use cases as how a teanant would want use the already
established cloudwatch/RAX monitoring on private OpenStack. They would
just want to do a simple REST call to monitor their server :

curl -X POST http://api/ -d 'monitor my server/port/etc/'

and not having to install/configure/setup a Nagios or whatever
monitoring server

Chmouel