[openstack-dev] [release] python-novaclient 2.25.0

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 02:43:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2015-05-12 17:40:47 -0700 (-0700), Joe Gordon wrote:
> > And openstackclient 1.0.4 broke grenade:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+bug/1454467
> >
> > I think we need a 1.1 release for trunk and make sure caps are set so its
> > not used in stable/kilo. Or something like that.
>
> It looks like the issue is that stable/kilo global requirements has
> capped python-cinderclient<1.2.0 but and python-openstackclient
> 1.0.4 matches that, but stable/kilo of glance_store requires
> python-cinderclient with no cap and is being installed first (it's
> not in the openstack/requirements projects.txt on master or
> stable/kilo and so hasn't been getting requirements update proposal
> changes).

It looks like there is enough trouble for us to both be right.

http://logs.openstack.org/92/170492/2/gate/gate-grenade-dsvm/c8d20ea/logs/old/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-05-12_23_54_53_262
 Is exactly what you are describe

But then we go on to install nova which has the correct cap, and we revert
to the right cinderclient for kilo

http://logs.openstack.org/92/170492/2/gate/gate-grenade-dsvm/c8d20ea/logs/old/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-05-12_23_55_51_481

So we do have a bad dependency in Kilo but its not breaking grenade on
master.