[openstack-dev] [nova][all] Architecture Diagrams in ascii art?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 12 17:12:24 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-12 10:04:11 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
> It's a nice up side. However, as others have pointed out, it's only
> capable of displaying the most basic pieces of the architecture.
>
> For higher level views with more components, I don't think ASCII art
> can provide enough bandwidth to help as much as a vector diagram.

Of course, simply a reminder that just because you have one or two
complex diagram callouts in a document doesn't mean it's necessary
to also go back and replace your simpler ASCII art diagrams with
unintelligible (without rendering) SVG or Postscript or whatever.
Doing so pointlessly alienates at least some fraction of readers.
--
Jeremy Stanley