[openstack-dev] [Murano] [Mistral] SSH workflow action

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Tue May 12 13:44:07 UTC 2015

+1 for making Murano Engine <-> Murano Agent communication plugable so that
one can switch to Zaqar or anything else. However watching RabbitMQ
development for years I know hard can it be to build efficient and reliable
system and I'm just not sure Zaqar can compete with such battle-proven
thing like RabbitMQ yet. The only advantage I see is multi-tenancy. But I
do believe it can be relatively easy be implemented with RabbitMQ. At lease
in Murano. Don't want to go off topic here. The main idea is to use
https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-auth-backend-amqp and dynamically
grant agent permissions only to his dedicated input queue so that it cannot
access anything else. Not just other tenants queues but also queues of
other VMs in the same tenant. In case of Murano we will not need to
maintain additional secrets or databases. Neither it will be needed to
create RabbitMQ users/vhosts as all of this becomes virtual. And agent will
not be holding any RabbitMQ passwords at all

Sincerely yours,
Stan Lagun
Principal Software Engineer @ Mirantis

<slagun at mirantis.com>