[openstack-dev] [nova] Service group foundations and features

Juvonen, Tomi (Nokia - FI/Espoo) tomi.juvonen at nokia.com
Tue May 12 04:33:22 UTC 2015

for queued messages if the forced_down proposed in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169836/ is set to true, "I'm up" message should be ignored until this forced_down is cleared as this flag is there also to prevent service state to turn 'up'. So flag is there to have fast way to state service is down to enable evacuate (prevent scheduling VM to host..), but also to prevent invalid state. Even abort nova-compute startup as mentioned in review comments. This should make things quite safe.

-Tomi