[openstack-dev] [Sahara] improve oozie engine for common lib management

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Tue May 12 02:55:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’m chen, working in the same team as lu jander.

Actually , we’re planning to implement the common lib management base on bp expose-elements<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/sahara/+spec/expose-elements>.

We would like to build common supported 3-rd part libs into sahara images, so user do not need to upload these libs themselves, and each lib would be an element which would be an attribute value for a running  cluster.

The improve for oozie engine is used for other “common libs” user want to use but could not be found in Sahara image. User do has the ability to upload them to sahara by themselves, and it would be implemented based on job binaries.

With a user friendly interface to let user know what libs are available on currently running cluster which would combine these libs already in images and uploaded by users, user only need to pick up libs they want to use.

Oozie.libpath would be set automately by sahara based on the libs user chose.

Thanks.
-chen