[openstack-dev] [all][oslo] disabling pypy unit test jobs for oslo

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon May 11 11:51:22 UTC 2015

It appears that we've basically run out of interest / time in
realistically keeping pypy working in our system.

With the focus on really getting python 3.4 working, it seems like it
would just be better to drop pypy entirely in the system. In the last
couple of years we've not seen any services realistically get to the
point of being used for any of the services. And as seen by this last
failure, pypy is apparently not keeping up with upstream tooling changes.

	-Sean

On 05/11/2015 06:50 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> requirements jobs are stuck as well :(
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/30/170830/6/check/gate-requirements-pypy/732dc33/console.html#_2015-05-11_01_25_22_506
>
> -- dims
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:19 AM, Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I'm willing to take a look at those, do you have any link to a
>>> review/job that failed?
>>
>> I suspect we're impacted by the same issue for python-heatclient, nearly
>> all of our patches are failing the pypy job, e.g:
>>
>> http://logs.openstack.org/56/178756/4/gate/gate-python-heatclient-pypy/66e4dcc/console.html
>>
>> The error "error: option --single-version-externally-managed not
>> recognized" looks a lot like bug 1290562 which was closed months ago.
>>
>> I've raised https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-heatclient/+bug/1453095,
>> because I didn't know what component (other than heatclient) this could be
>> assigned to.
>>
>> I'm attempting the bug 1290562 workaround here:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/181851/
>>
>> If we can't figure out what the problem is, I guess we'll have to
>> temporarily disable our pypy job too, any insights appreciated! :)
>>
>> Steve

Sean Dague
http://dague.net