[openstack-dev] [requirements] global-requirements not co-installable

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat May 9 20:03:20 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-10 07:49:25 +1200 (+1200), Robert Collins wrote:
[...]
> We should do the following immediately we create a virtualenv anywhere
> in our infra:
> get-pip.py
> pip install -U wheel setuptools
[...]

So... we already do install latest pip and setuptools in the system
context on our systems. We're switching to the current version of
virtualenv "real soon now" so that anything using tox gets a more
recent bundled pip version by default in their envs. But regardless,
if you want a particular repo's tox-based jobs to use the most
recent version of pip (regardless of the vintage of virtualenv we're
providing at any point in time), that repo's tox.ini needs to
expressly upgrade pip before installing other things. Unless we
switch to always installing whatever the latest virtualenv release
is, there's not much other way to accomplish it.
--
Jeremy Stanley