[openstack-dev] [Nova][Ironic] Large number of ironic driver bugs in nova

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Sat May 9 10:10:23 UTC 2015

On 6 May 2015 at 19:04, John Villalovos <openstack.org at sodarock.com> wrote:
> JohnG,
>
> I work on Ironic and would be willing to be a cross project liaison for Nova
> and Ironic.  I would just need a little info on what to do from the Nova
> side.  Meetings to attend, web pages to monitor, etc...
>
> I assume I would start with this page:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=ironic
>
> And try to work with the Ironic and Nova teams on getting bugs resolved.
>
> I would appreciate any other info and suggestions to help improve the
> process.

Thank you for stepping up to help us here.

I have added your name on this list:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova#People
(if you can please add your IRC handle for me, that would be awesome)

In terms of whats required, thats really up to what works for you.

The top things that come to mind:
* Raise ironic questions to nova in nova-meetings (and maybe v.v.)
* For ironic features that need exposing in Nova, track those
* Help triage Nova's ironic bugs into Nova bugs and Ironic bugs
* Try to find folks to fix important ironic bugs

But fundamentally, lets just see what works, and evolve the role to
match what works for you.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
John