[openstack-dev] [all] Replace mysql-python with mysqlclient

Ronald Bradford me at ronaldbradford.com
Fri May 8 14:33:07 UTC 2015

Has anybody considered the native python connector for MySQL that supports
Python 3.

Here are the Ubuntu Packages.

$ apt-get show python-mysql.connector
E: Invalid operation show
rbradfor at rubble:~$ apt-cache show python-mysql.connector
Package: python-mysql.connector
Architecture: all
Source: mysql-connector-python
Version: 1.1.6-1
Replaces: mysql-utilities (<< 1.3.5-2)
Depends: python:any (>= 2.7.5-5~), python:any (<< 2.8)
Breaks: mysql-utilities (<< 1.3.5-2)
Filename:
pool/universe/m/mysql-connector-python/python-mysql.connector_1.1.6-1_all.deb
Size: 67196
MD5sum: 22b2cb35cf8b14ac0bf4493b0d676adb
SHA1: de626403e1b14f617e9acb0a6934f044fae061c7
SHA256: 99e34f67d085c28b49eb8145c281deaa6d2b2a48d741e6831e149510087aab94
Description-en: pure Python implementation of MySQL Client/Server protocol
 MySQL driver written in Python which does not depend on MySQL C client
 libraries and implements the DB API v2.0 specification (PEP-249).
 .
 MySQL Connector/Python is implementing the MySQL Client/Server protocol
 completely in Python. This means you don't have to compile anything or
MySQL
 (client library) doesn't even have to be installed on the machine.
Description-md5: bb7e2eba7769d706d44e0ef91171b4ed
Homepage: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Origin: Ubuntu

$ apt-cache show python3-mysql.connector
Package: python3-mysql.connector
Architecture: all
Source: mysql-connector-python
Version: 1.1.6-1
Depends: python3:any (>= 3.3.2-2~)
Filename:
pool/universe/m/mysql-connector-python/python3-mysql.connector_1.1.6-1_all.deb
Size: 64870
MD5sum: 461208ed1b89d516d6f6ce43c003a173
SHA1: bd439c4057824178490b402ad6c84067e1e2884e
SHA256: 487af52b98bc5f048faf4dc73420eff20b75a150e1f92c82de2ecdd4671659ae
Description-en: pure Python implementation of MySQL Client/Server protocol
(Python3)
 MySQL driver written in Python which does not depend on MySQL C client
 libraries and implements the DB API v2.0 specification (PEP-249).
 .
 MySQL Connector/Python is implementing the MySQL Client/Server protocol
 completely in Python. This means you don't have to compile anything or
MySQL
 (client library) doesn't even have to be installed on the machine.
 .
 This package contains the Python 3 version of mysql.connector.
Description-md5: 4bca3815f5856ddf4a629b418ec76c8f
Homepage: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Origin: Ubuntu

Ronald Bradford