[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Static Ceph mon connection info prevents VM restart

Josh Durgin jdurgin at redhat.com
Thu May 7 21:21:39 UTC 2015

Hey folks, thanks for filing a bug for this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1452641

Nova stores the volume connection info in its db, so updating that
would be a workaround to allow restart/migration of vms to work.
Otherwise running vms shouldn't be affected, since they'll notice any
new or deleted monitors through their existing connection to the
monitor cluster.

Perhaps the most general way to fix this would be for cinder to return
any monitor hosts listed in ceph.conf (as they are listed, so they may
be hostnames or ips) in addition to the ips from the current monmap
(the current behavior).

That way an out of date ceph.conf is less likely to cause problems,
and multiple clusters could still be used with the same nova node.

Josh