[openstack-dev] [be nice] Before doing big non backardcompabitle changes in how gates work make sure that all PTL are informed about that

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu May 7 17:40:53 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 01:37 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> Sean,
>
> Nobody is able to track and know *everything*.
>
> Friendly reminder that Heat is going to be removed and not installed by
> default would help to avoid such situations.

Sure, but that misses the first point, that gate jobs should really be
explicit about the services they run.

It's a vast surprise that anything running in our gate just runs with
"defaults".

So I would suggest now is an excellent time to make the rally jobs work
like the grenade and tempest jobs and be explicit about such things.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net