[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi] How to try ceilometer with gnocchi ?

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Thu May 7 17:22:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, 7 May 2015, Tim Bell wrote:

> Thanks... are the dependencies only in ceilometer (i.e. could we
> upgrade to Kilo ceilometer with Gnocchi) and keep the rest of the
> cloud at Juno ? It'll be a while before our cloud gets to Kilo but
> we'd really like to have metering at scale... we can do a test set up
> but this would not be addressing the production challenges.

You might try gnocchi in a virtualenv or gnocchi plus ceilometer in
a virtualenv so that their dependencies are not fighting with
anything else (or just all that stuff on its own host, of course).

There's a dispatcher for ceilometer to put data into gnocchi, but that
dispatcher is in the gnocchi code base (for now, it's going to move at
some point in the future). That's where you might encounter issues.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent