[openstack-dev] [Fuel] interaction between fuel-plugin and fuel-UI

Vitaly Kramskikh vkramskikh at mirantis.com
Thu May 7 16:41:16 UTC 2015

Samuel,

There are plans to solve this:

1) Add a flag/field to control declaration so it can have multiple values:

          ntp_list:
            *multiple_values: true*
            value:
              - "1.1.1.1"
              - "2.2.2.2"
            label: "NTP server list"
            type: "text"

Now we use one input with comma-separated values to enter DNS and NTP
servers which is hacky. This proposal with also solve your issue, but won't
help for Simon's case (as there are groups of 2 fields).

2) For complex controls we plan to implement support for JS parts of plugins
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/ui-plugins>, so you can
implement configuration UI of any complexity by providing custom JS.
repo_setup control in 6.1 is a great example of a complex control.

For 6.1 I suggest you to use current DNS/NTP approach (comma separated
values) or Simon's approach (though I'd use action: hide instead of action:
disable)

> Hello Samuel,
> As far as I know, this isn't possible unfortunately. For our own needs, we
> ended up adding a fixed-size list with all items but the first one
> disabled. When you enter something in the first input box, it enabled the
> second box and so on (see [1]). In any case, this would be a good
> addition...
> BR,
> Simon
> [1]
> https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-plugin-elasticsearch-kibana/blob/master/environment_config.yaml#L21
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Samuel Bartel <samuel.bartel.pro at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I am working on two plugins for fuel : logrotate and cinder-netapp (to
>> add multibackend feature)
>>
>> In this two plugins I face the same problem. Is it possible in the
>> environment yaml config describing the fields to display for the plugin in
>> the UI to have some dynamic element.
>>
>> I explain my need. I would like to be able to add additional element by
>> clicking on a “+” button as the IP range for network tab in order to be
>> able to:
>>
>> -add new log file to manage for the logrorate instead of having a static
>> list
>>
>> -add extra netapp filer/volume instead ofbeing able to setup only one for
>> the cinder netapp in a multibackend scope.
>>
>> For the cinder netapp for example, I would be able to access to the
>> netapp server hostname with:
>>
>> $::fuel_settings[‘cinder_netapp’][0][‘netapp_server_hostname’]  #for the
>> first one
>>
>> $::fuel_settings[‘cinder_netapp’][1][‘netapp_server_hostname’]  #for the
>> second  one
>>
>> And so on.
>>

>> Can we do that with the actual plugin feature.  If not is it planned to
>> add such a feature?
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Samuel

Vitaly Kramskikh,