[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Ceph software version in next releases

Rogon, Kamil kamil.rogon at intel.com
Thu May 7 10:12:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

I would like to ask what Ceph versions are scheduled for next releases.

I see the blueprint [1] for upgrading to next stable release (from Firefly
to Giant), but it is still in drafting state.

That upgrade is important for Fuel 7.0 release, as this introduces a lot of
improvements in case of flash backends which is essential nowadays.

I think you should consider next Ceph version (Hammer) as this is marked as
LTS and should supersede 0.80.x Firefly. What's more this is already lunched
[2].

Regarding the upcoming 6.0.1 / 6.1 release I understand that you are stick
with Firefly branch. However will it be updated from 0.80.7 to 0.80.9? It
fixes some performance regression in librbd [3].

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/upgrade-ceph

[2] http://ceph.com/docs/next/releases/

[3] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/next/release-notes/#v0-80-9-firefly

Regards,