[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Success of the IPv6 Subteam - Proposal to disband

Brian Haley brian.haley at hp.com
Wed May 6 17:04:28 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 08:37 PM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> It is a bittersweet moment - I am proposing that due to the amazing
> success that we have had as a subteam, that because we have
> accomplished so much, that it makes sense for our team to
> disband and re-integrate with other subteams (the L3 subteam
> comes to mind) or have items in the on-demand agenda of the main
> meeting.
>
> Unless there is any pressing business, I believe that we will not need a
> recurring meeting, and tomorrow's meeting is cancelled.
>
> As always, I am in #openstack-neutron and happy to help.

Sean,

Thanks for leading the team, IPv6 is in a much better place now in Kilo!  I'll
be the first one to buy you a beer (beers?) in Vancouver.

As long as we adopt the Linux kernel mantra of "You can't do the IPv4 work now
and punt the IPv6 work for later" I'm fine with pushing future IPv6 work into
the respective L3/L2/etc sub-teams.

-Brian