[openstack-dev] [Murano] [Mistral] SSH workflow action

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed May 6 16:26:37 UTC 2015

If your Mistral engine is on the same host as the network node hosting the router for the tenant, then it would probably work.... there are a lot of conditions in that statement though... Too many for my tastes. :/

While I dislike agents running in the vm's, this still might be a good use case for one...

This would also probably be a good use case for Zaqar I think. Have a generic "run shell commands from Zaqar queue" agent, that pulls commands from a Zaqar queue, and executes it.

The vm's don't have to be directly reachable from the network then. You just have to push messages into Zaqar.

>From Murano's perspective though, maybe it shouldn't care. Should Mistral abstract away how to execute the action, leaving it up to Mistral how to get the action to the vm? If that's the case, then ssh vs queue/agent is just a Mistral implementation detail? Maybe the OpenStack Deployer chooses what's the best route for their cloud?

Thanks,
Kevin