[openstack-dev] [Nova][Ironic] Large number of ironic driver bugs in nova

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Wed May 6 09:55:42 UTC 2015

On 6 May 2015 at 09:39, Lucas Alvares Gomes <lucasagomes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> I noticed last night that there are 23 bugs currently filed in nova
>> tagged as ironic related. Whilst some of those are scheduler issues, a
>> lot of them seem like things in the ironic driver itself.
>>
>> Does the ironic team have someone assigned to work on these bugs and
>> generally keep an eye on their driver in nova? How do we get these
>> bugs resolved?
>>

> Thanks for this call out. I don't think we have anyone specifically
> assigned to keep an eye on the Ironic
> Nova driver, we would look at it from time to time or when someone ask
> us to in the Ironic channel/ML/etc...
> But that said, I think we need to pay more attention to the bugs in Nova.
>
> I've added one item about it to be discussed in the next Ironic
> meeting[1]. And in the meantime, I will take a
> look at some of the bugs myself.
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Ironic#Agenda_for_next_meeting

Thanks to you both for raising this and pushing on this.

Maybe we can get a named cross project liaison to bridge the Ironic
and Nova meetings. We are working on building a similar pattern for
Neutron. It doesn't necessarily mean attending every nova-meeting,
just someone to act as an explicit bridge between our two projects?

I am open to whatever works though, just hoping we can be more
proactive about issues and dependencies that pop up.

Thanks,
John