[openstack-dev] [all] cross project communication: periodic developer newsletter?

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:17:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
wrote:

> On 5 May 2015 at 07:03, Joe Gordon <joe.gordon0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Before going any further, I am proposing something to make it easier for
> the
> > developer community to keep track of what other projects are working on.
> > am not proposing anything to directly help operators or users, that is a
> > separate problem space.
>
> I like the thrust of your proposal.
>
> Any reason not to ask the existing newsletter to be a bit richer? Much
> of the same effort is required to do the existing one and the content
> you propose IMO.

Short answer: Maybe.  To make the existing newsletter 'a bit richer' would
require a fairly significant amount of additional work. Also I think
sending out this more detailed newsletter on a weekly basis would be too
way to frequent. Lastly, there are sections in the current newsletter that
are very useful that doesn't belong in the one I am proposing; sections
such as Upcoming events, Tips n' tricks, The road to Vancouver.